Thursday 8 March 2012

ALEXA CORLETT by Pair Anantawithayanon
for Stylebop.com shot by Matthew Williamson.
 1. Name, Age, Height, Agency
Alexa Corlett, 20 years old, 1.80m, Marilyn Agency Paris

2.How did you get into modeling? (Discuss being scouted or going in and asking if you had talent)

I've been scouted a couple of times when living overseas in Bangkok, Shanghai and in Germany but I've never been able to give it a full go, because I was in school and was moving countries every year. After I finished school, moved back to Cape Town, a good friend of mine said "you're coming into the agency with me, I'll introduce you" so I went in, the manager sat me down to talk. the agency was bouncing with excitement when they told me "you're going to go far."
3.What inspired you to become a model?

As a girl I've always loved dressing up and taking photos and feeling pretty. I used to watch FTV and Americas Next Top Model and dream of being one of those girls, so by the time I finished school I thought it's time to stop wondering and start believing. 


        

4. How are you finding the experience so far?
I've been modeling for almost 2 years now and for me it's been the best time of my life, I can say I've lived in the biggest fashion capitals and have met interesting, inspiring people from all different cultures, plus I am independent and working to earn myself a living and the best part is; my career is my passion.

5.What upcoming shows are you in?
S/S 2013... look out for me next season.
6. How do you handle your personal life with your working life? 
You can't get your personal life involved in your working life in this industry, you'll lose yourself completely. Sometimes reality slips your fingers... 

7. What are the pros and cons of being a model?

PRO: You travel the world
CON: It's a manipulative industry 

8. Is modeling, ultimately, what you want to do for life? Where do you see your life heading?
I'm currently studying part time, doing a BBA in business management and psychology. I can't say I'm going to model forever, but i will most likely stay within the industry... 
9. What advice would you give to young people out there interested in becoming a model?
Grow strong and confident as an individual before you let yourself mould into someone you're not.



10. Your favourite quote?
"I guess we are who we are for alot of reasons. And maybe we’ll never know most of them. But even if we don’t have the power to choose where we come from, we can still choose where we go from there."
 - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

The stunning Alexa walks the catwalk in London Fashion Week S/S 2012:

  1. Charlotte Eskildsen
  2. Zoe Jordan 
  3. Marcus Almeida
  4. Jean Pierre Braganza
See behind the scene of Alexa's shoot for L'Officiel Ukraine magazine by photographer Justin Wu: