Tuesday 15 May 2012

This week interview with fashion blogger, Sara from La Mode Qui Vole

Tell us more about yourself and how you started blogging.


Well, I've been living in Berlin for the past four months doing a study abroad program here. Otherwise, I go to New York University but my family lives in Singapore/I grew up in Singapore.
I'm currently an art major. I started blogging in the summer between my first and second year at university. I started a blog for a number of reasons – primarily to give myself something to do as a summer project. After the summer was over, I found that I still really enjoyed blogging and decided to continue it indefinitely. 

At Palm Springs in a Vintage Top and shorts ByCorpus by UO.
Tell us more about La Mode Qui Vole. What makes your blog different from other fashion bloggers' blog.

I wouldn’t consider my blog particularly different from any other fashion blogs, considering that fashion blogging – and blogging in general – has become so popular. I try to insert posts about my artwork and travelling just to stray away from talking about fashion all the time. I divide my time between living in Singapore and New York so this blog has been a really good way to document where I’ve been.

What are your favourite brands/ designers?

In terms of brands, I generally shop at your typical high street stores like Zara, Topshop, Mango, etc. 
I also like going to vintage and thrift stores. 

Where do you get most of your inspiration from?

From other fashion blogs and on the street.
What is your current favourite piece of clothing?

This black slip dress I got a little while ago from Zara. Its so versatile! 


Top: Brandy Melville, Shorts: The Editor's Market, Belt: vintage, Shoes: Chelsea Crew 
Who is your style icon?

I really like Kate Bosworth and Mary-Kate Olsen’s style.


What are you favourite blogs to visit?

Natalie Off Duty, Fashion Toast, Trop Rouge, Luxirare and anything else on my blogroll list. 

What kind of career do you see yourself in?

Definitely something in the creative business.

Describe your personal style.

Simple and casual. I like things that are more deconstructed than too polished.
What are some of the items in your closet you cannot live without?
Black tights, white button downs, black biker boots and denim shorts.

What do you think about our blog?

I like it a lot! I really like blogs that are a collaborative effort and that have more than just an online presence.

A few of Sara's Photography: 

In Courtesy of La Mode Qui Vole 
for more visit: http://lamodequivole.blogspot.co.uk

Interview and Edited by  Pair A.