Tuesday 6 May 2014

This week, we have an interview with Angela, fashion blogger at duringthecoffeebreak

1. Tell us a bit about yourself
Hello! I'm 20 years old and studying first year sociology at Warwick University.




2. Define your personal style
Oh I've never been asked to describe my style before and I've never really thought about what to call it; I just go with whatever I think looks good! But I suppose you could call it some sort of retro style? I really like the silhouettes of the 40s, 50s and 60s and I often try to recreate them with modern clothes, if that makes sense. 



3. How did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I got interested in photography when I got my first camera as a teenager and wanted a place where I could keep all my photos in one place. After a while I gained a couple of followers who started leaving kind comments on the way I dressed so I started posting more outfit pictures. I still mainly use my blog as a way of archiving my photos, but it's a lot more fun now that others appreciate it too! 

4. What are your favourite brands/designers?
At the moment I love almost everything from Orla Kiely, but another designer I've worshipped for years now is Ulyana Sergeenko. Sadly I don't think I'll ever afford to buy anything from her, but everything from the clothes to the photography and styling inspires me a lot…!
5. Who is your style icon?
Audrey Hepburn, probably. Everyone from Mad Men. And Ulyana Sergeenko. 
6. What’s your current favourite piece of clothing?
Do you mean like, type of clothing or a specific piece? I always liked dresses because they're both convenient and pretty; and as for my favourite piece of clothing that I own, I don't know if bags count, but if they do it's my Mulberry bryn bag, other than that it's a floral sundress from Warehouse.


7. What are your favourite blogs?
Right now I really enjoy reading Wish Wish Wish, Esme and the Laneway and See Creatures.

By: Diana Chen Qin